Tharattipal is a South Indian sweet prepared on the festival of Navratri. Learn how to make/prepare Tharattipal by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• Pour milk in a heavy bottom vessel, to prevent the contents from burning.
• Bring the milk to a boil.
• Once the milk starts boiling, reduce flame and stir continuously, to reduce the quantity of milk by half.
• Add the jaggery and continue stirring.
• Now, add ghee and stir to prevent it from sticking to the vessel.
• Add elaichi powder to flavor.
• Stir until the milk and jaggery start solidifying.
• When the ghee separates form the milk, stir for another 5 minutes, before removing from fire.
• Serve hot.