Sweet Boondi is a very popular recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Sweet Boondi by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• To make sugar syrup, first boil the sugar and water together in a vessel. Once sugar is dissolved completely and the syrup becomes a little sticky, put off the flame and keep aside.
• Take gram flour in a vessel and occasionally add water to it. Make sure that the batter doesn't get too thin.
• Now heat ghee in a pan, hold a perforated spoon a little above the hot ghee and pour some batter on the spoon.
• Tap very lightly at edge of spoon to allow small droplets to fall in the ghee. Pour back remaining batter and wipe spoon.
• Stir the boondis in the ghee gently and fry till crisp but not brown.
• Now take out the boondi and drain off the excess oil.
• Now put the boondi in the sugar syrup. Keep it for 3-4 minutes before taking out from the syrup.
• Now spread the boondis on a wide plate; add cardamom powder, almonds and mix gently.
• Allow to cool completely and loosen the boondi with finger till each droplet separates.
• Boondi can be eaten fresh, or can be stored in an airtight container.