Suji Ka Dhokla is light to eat, low in fat and with no cholesterol at all. Learn how to make/prepare Suji Ka Dhokla by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 2 cups Suji/ Semolina
• 2 tbsp Gram Flour/ Besan
• ½ cup Curd
• 1 tsp Fruit Salt/ Eating Soda
• 1 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Green Chili-Ginger Paste (to taste)
• 1 tsp Lemon Juice
• 1 tbsp Oil
• Salt (to taste)
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
• A few Curry Leaves
• 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
• 1 tbsp Oil
• 2 tbsp Coriander (chopped)
• 1 tbsp Coconut (grated)
• Mix suji, besan, curd, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, green chili-ginger paste and oil in a large bowl. Work to form a batter.
• Add water if required, to form a consistency as that of idli batter.
• Set the batter aside for half an hour.
• Add in fruit salt and lemon juice to the batter and mix well.
• Grease a dish and pour the batter into the dish.
• Steam the batter for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Remove in a dish and leave it to cool.
• Cut the dhokla into pieces, once cooled.
• Place a pan on fire and add oil.
• Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chilies and curry leaves.
• When they start to splutter, add the cut dhokla pieces and stir fry.
• Remove and garnish the dhokla with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
• Serve with some spicy chutney.