Recipe: Notun Gurer Payash:
Notun Gurer Payash is a famous Bengali kheer made with rice and jaggery. Learn how to make/prepare Notun Gurer Payash by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 1 cup Palm Jaggery (grated)
• 3 L Milk
• 2 tbsp Basmati Rice Soaked
• 1 Bay leaf
• 5-6 Green Cardamoms
• 10 Almonds (blanched and sliced)
How to make Notun Gurer Payash:
• In a thick bottomed pan, boil the milk and then simmer it in low until it thickens.
• Add bay leaf and green cardamoms to the milk and cook for some time. Now add rice to it and stir.
• Add jaggery and almonds to it and simmer for five minutes.
• Chill and serve.
Back to Recipes...