Gokul Pithe is a very popular Bengali recipe usually eaten during winter festivals. Learn how to make/prepare Gokul Pithe by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 200 gms Coconut (grated)
• 450 gms Khoya
• 2-1/2 cup Sugar/Date Palm Jaggery
• 150 gms Flour
• 5-6 cup Water
• 40 gms Ghee
• 1/8 tsp Sodium Bicarbonate
• First make sugar syrup by heating 2 cups sugar with 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel. Simmer until syrup gets a medium thick consistency. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
• To prepare filling, fry the coconut, khoya and 2 tbsp of sugar together in a pan over medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid the filling getting stuck at the bottom of the pan. Turn off the flame.
• To make cakes, divide the coconut-khoya mixture into equal portions. Roll them into balls and flatten between the palms to form the cakes. Powder palms with flour for ease in forming the cakes.
• Now make the batter by mixing flour, remaining water, sodium bi carbonate and a little ghee together.
• Heat ghee in a pan and coat coconut-milk cakes in the prepared batter.
• Deep fry until a rich golden brown color. Remove cakes from the pan with slotted spoon.
• Drain excess oil on paper and while still hot, immerse the cakes in the sugar syrup.