Chennar Payesh is a popular Bengali dish that adds up to the joy of any celebration. Learn how to make/prepare Chennar Payesh by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 1 1/2 l Milk
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
• A few strands of Saffron (Kesar)
• 5-6 Almonds (blanched and chopped)
• 7-8 Pistachios (blanched and chopped)
• Soak saffron in two tablespoons of warm milk and set aside.
• In a shallow pan, boil half litre of milk and add lemon juice to it and stir it till the milk curdles.
• Pour the chenna (curdled milk) on a muslin cloth and strain the whey. Dip it in ice cold water till completely cool and strain again and set aside.
• Boil remaining milk and add a pinch of saffron to it. Allow the milk to simmer in low heat till reduced to half.
• Add sugar and stir till completely dissolved.
• Smash chenna in a bowl and add it to the milk and simmer again.
• Just before removing from heat, add almonds, pistachios and soaked saffron.
• Serve chilled.