Bandhakopir Ghonto is a Bengali recipe. It is also known as Bandhakopir Torkari. Learn how to make/prepare Bandhakopir Ghonto by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 1 Cabbage (finely chopped)
• 2 Medium Potatoes (pressure cooked and cut into cubes)
• 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilies Paste
• 1 cup Fresh Green Peas
• 2 Bay Leaves
• 1-1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
• 1 tsp Cumin Powder
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tsp Panch Phoron ( grounded)
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• Salt to taste
• Oil as needed
• Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes till golden brown , keep aside.
• Fry bay leaves, ginger-garlic-green chilies paste until the raw smell fades away.
• Now add cabbage and water and cook till soft.
• When soft, combine fried potatoes, peas, cumin, coriander, panch phoron, chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt with it, mix everything thoroughly.
• Cover the pan for another 5 to 6 minutes, stir occasionally.
• Now remove from fire and serve with hot rice.