Recipe: Arbi Yam Oondhiya:
Arbi Yam Oondhiya is a very popular recipe. Learn How To Make Arbi Yam Oondhiya by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 1 cup Arbi (peeled & cubed)
• 1 Sweet Potato (peeled & cubed)
• 1 Potato (unpeeled & cubed)
• 1 Raw Banana(unpeeled & chopped)
• 1/2 cup Pumpkin (peeled & chopped)
• 3-4 Water Chestnuts (peeled & halved)
• 2 slices Raw Papaya (peeled & grated)
• 1 Lemon Juice
• 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 1 tbsp. Kuttu or Singhare Ka Atta
• 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
• Salt to taste
• 3-4 tbsp Oil
• 1 cup Coconut (grated)
• 3-4 Green Chilies
• 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
• 1/4 cup Curry Leaves
• 1" piece Ginger (grated)
• 4 Black Peppercorns
• 2 small Cardamoms
How to make Arbi Yam Oondhiya:
• Take grated papaya in a bowl and add salt and lemon juice to it.
• Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
• Add all the ingredients, except papaya and coriander, to the above. Also pour a little water and bring it to a boil.
• Stir and cover the cooker with lid; allow one whistle. Once all the steam is out, open the cooker and check whether the vegetables are cooked or not.
• Now add grated papaya and simmer until gravy is thickened.
• Pour into a serving dish and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
• Arbi Yam Oondhiya is ready to eat. Serve hot with kuttu ka paratha.
Back to Recipes...