Aloo Mewawale is a very popular recipe. Learn How To Make Aloo Mewawale by following this easy recipe.
Recipe Type: Veg.
• 1 cup Oil
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 4 tbsp Cream
• 1 tbsp Chili Powder
• 1 tbsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Garam Masala
• 3 Tomatoes (pureed)
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• 12 Medium-Sized Potatoes (peeled)
• 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves (chopped)
• 1/2 cup Almonds and Pistachios (coarsely ground)
• Bore a hole into each potato and stuff it with nuts mixed with salt and a few coriander leaves. Cover the potato with its taken-out piece.
• Heat the oil and fry 2 to 3 potatoes at a time till they turn brown. Remove potatoes from the oil and keep them aside.
• Put cumin seeds in the same oil until they pop; then add all the powdered spices and tomato, and fry until oil separates from the paste.
• Now add potatoes and 1-1/2 cup of hot water to the above-made gravy.
• Add cream, salt and sugar, and simmer until potatoes are cooked and the gravy is well blended.
• Aloo Mewawale is ready to serve.